Thursday, October 16, 2008

Empathy vs Inspiration

Empathising with others is great to help you love them and feel a strong connection with them. However, it is not the solution to get things done better. To get things done better, people have take the troubles and fight the road-blocks...and only then is there sweet success.

An understanding ear to my problems will not make me successful. So I have no need for such empathy. Yes it may make me feel better but in such a situation I feel that I have a greater need for motivation and role models who I can learn from and follow.

3 comments:

Yao Tong said...

Empathy is a kind feeling that can console our broken heart. However, inspiration is more than this, and it is also a powerful strength to push us to move on.

Jenny said...

Very true! I like this idea. Empathy only goes so far. It's important to be proactive and determine what needs to or should be done to overcome the challenges.

Swapna Nair said...

sooooooo true