Thursday, October 9, 2008

Is there a boundary to giving?

**What I will remember from today... struggling with setting boundaries today.

Wondering if it is better to give and give without measure and hope that it will be a happy end. Or is it better to set the boundaries of give and take upfront first and then work towards achieving them next.

I feel that, unfortunately, when I am giving I am expecting (unsaid) returns as well in the long-term and I am unable to get rid of these expectations in my head! :(

Wonder, if I should work more on my head or work more on trying a different model...

1 comment:

rohan.rajiv18 said...

It seems very tough and philosophical but its these expectations that give rise to all these problems. I find that my grandmom struggles with this as well as she gives and then finds that she mentally does expect something. Overall negative result..

At the same time, we all have our expectations. I feel the question is how high we want to set that bar..